Last updated on November 2nd, 2023 at 07:06 am
Explore the best-selling PlayStation 4 – PS4 games of all time. Discover the classics that dominated the PlayStation 4 platform.
The PlayStation 4 (PS4) has been a gaming powerhouse, delivering unparalleled experiences to players around the world. From action-adventure epics to pulse-pounding sports simulations, the PS4 library boasts some of the most iconic and best-selling titles in gaming history. In this article, we’ll embark on a journey through the best-selling PlayStation 4 games of all time, exploring their genres, developers, and the millions of copies sold.
List of Best-Selling PlayStation 4 Video Games
|Game||Copies Sold||Release Date||Genre(s)||Developer(s)||Publisher(s)|
|Marvel’s Spider-Man||20 million||September 7, 2018||Action-adventure||Insomniac Games||Sony Interactive Entertainment|
|God of War||19.5 million||April 20, 2018||Action-adventure||Santa Monica Studio||Sony Interactive Entertainment|
|Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End||16 million||May 10, 2016||Action-adventure||Naughty Dog||Sony Interactive Entertainment|
|The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt||10.8 million||May 18, 2015||Action role-playing||CD Projekt Red||CD Projekt|
|The Last of Us Part II||10 million||June 19, 2020||Action-adventure||Naughty Dog||Sony Interactive Entertainment|
|Horizon Zero Dawn||10 million||February 28, 2017||Action role-playing||Guerrilla Games||Sony Interactive Entertainment|
|The Last of Us Remastered||10 million||July 29, 2014||Action-adventure||Naughty Dog||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|Ghost of Tsushima||9.73 million||July 17, 2020||Action-adventure||Sucker Punch Productions||Sony Interactive Entertainment|
|Star Wars Battlefront||8.42 million||November 17, 2015||First-person shooter||EA DICE||Electronic Arts|
|Gran Turismo Sport||8 million||October 17, 2017||Racing||Polyphony Digital||Sony Interactive Entertainment|
|Infamous Second Son||6 million||March 21, 2014||Action-adventure||Sucker Punch Productions||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|Detroit: Become Human||5.5 million||May 25, 2018||Adventure||Quantic Dream||Sony Interactive Entertainment|
|Final Fantasy VII Remake||5 million||April 10, 2020||Action role-playing||Square Enix||Square Enix|
|Monster Hunter: World||4.67 million||January 26, 2018||Action role-playing||Capcom||Capcom|
|Cyberpunk 2077||3.83 million||December 10, 2020||Action role-playing||CD Projekt Red||CD Projekt|
|FIFA 17||3.12 million||September 27, 2016||Sports||EA Canada, EA Bucharest||EA Sports|
|Nier: Automata||2.6 million||February 23, 2017||Action role-playing||PlatinumGames||Square Enix|
|Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy||2.5 million||June 30, 2017||Platform||Vicarious Visions||Activision|
|Final Fantasy XV||2.5 million||November 29, 2016||Action role-playing||Square Enix Business Division 2||Square Enix|
|Grand Theft Auto V||2.49 million||November 18, 2014||Action-adventure||Rockstar North||Rockstar Games|
|FIFA 18||2.47 million||September 29, 2017||Sports||EA Canada, EA Bucharest||EA Sports|
|Persona 5 Royal||2.3 million||October 31, 2019||Role-playing||P-Studio||Atlus|
|Killzone: Shadow Fall||2.1 million||November 15, 2013||First-person shooter||Guerrilla Games||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|Bloodborne||2 million||March 24, 2015||Action role-playing||FromSoftware||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|Driveclub||2 million||October 7, 2014||Racing||Evolution Studios||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|Knack||2 million||November 15, 2013||Platform||Japan Studio||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition||2 million||September 4, 2014||Sandbox, survival||4J Studios||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|FIFA 20||1.76 million||September 24, 2019||Sports||EA Canada, EA Bucharest||EA Sports|
|Nioh 2||1.46 million||March 12, 2020||Action role-playing||Team Ninja||Sony Interactive Entertainment|
|FIFA 19||1.45 million||September 25, 2018||Sports||EA Canada, EA Bucharest||EA Sports|
|Battlefield 1||1.3 million||October 21, 2016||First-person shooter||EA DICE||Electronic Arts|
|Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age||1.3 million||July 29, 2017||Role-playing||Square Enix||Square Enix|
|Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age||1.2 million||July 11, 2017||Role-playing||Square Enix||Square Enix|
|FIFA 22||1.16 million||October 1, 2021||Sports||EA Canada, EA Bucharest||EA Sports|
|FIFA 21||1.12 million||October 9, 2020||Sports||EA Canada, EA Bucharest||EA Sports|
|Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain||1.1 million||September 1, 2015||Action-adventure, stealth||Kojima Productions||Konami|
|Kingdom Hearts III||1 million||January 25, 2019||Action role-playing||Square Enix||Square Enix|
|Nioh||1 million||February 7, 2017||Action role-playing||Team Ninja||Sony Interactive Entertainment|
- Marvel’s Spider-Man – 20 Million Copies Sold: Released on September 7, 2018, “Marvel’s Spider-Man” swung into our hearts, offering a stunning action-adventure experience. Developed by Insomniac Games and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment, this game allowed players to step into the web-slinging shoes of Spider-Man himself. With a thrilling story and exhilarating gameplay, it’s no wonder this title sold a staggering 20 million copies.
- God of War – 19.5 Million Copies Sold: “God of War,” a reimagining of the classic series, was unleashed on April 20, 2018. This action-adventure/hack and slash masterpiece, developed by Santa Monica Studio and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment, redefined Kratos’ story. With breathtaking visuals and a deeply emotional narrative, the game forged a connection with players worldwide, selling 19.5 million copies.
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End – 16 Million Copies Sold: Naughty Dog’s “Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End” took players on an action-adventure journey of a lifetime when it released on May 10, 2016. This epic treasure-hunting tale, published by Sony Interactive Entertainment, sold 16 million copies. Nathan Drake’s final adventure set new standards for storytelling in video games.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – 10.8 Million Copies Sold: With its release on May 18, 2015, “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt” by CD Projekt Red offered players an immersive action role-playing experience. Exploring the vast, open world of The Continent, players stepped into the shoes of Geralt of Rivia. The game, with 10.8 million copies sold, became a beacon of excellence in storytelling and world-building.
- The Last of Us Part II – 10 Million Copies Sold: “Part II” of Naughty Dog’s post-apocalyptic masterpiece hit the shelves on June 19, 2020. This action-adventure/survival horror game, published by Sony Interactive Entertainment, pushed the boundaries of storytelling and character development. With 10 million copies sold, it’s a testament to the power of storytelling in gaming.
- Horizon Zero Dawn – 10 Million Copies Sold: Guerrilla Games’ “Horizon Zero Dawn,” released on February 28, 2017, introduced players to an action role-playing world where technology and nature clashed. This game, published by Sony Interactive Entertainment, reached the hands of 10 million players, cementing Aloy’s place in gaming history.
- The Last of Us Remastered – 10 Million Copies Sold: A remastered version of the original game, “The Last of Us Remastered,” released on July 29, 2014. Naughty Dog’s action-adventure/survival horror masterpiece, published by Sony Computer Entertainment, returned with even more stunning visuals and sold 10 million copies.
- Ghost of Tsushima – 9.73 Million Copies Sold: Sucker Punch Productions’ “Ghost of Tsushima” emerged on July 17, 2020, offering players an action-adventure with stealth elements. As the samurai Jin Sakai, players explored the island of Tsushima in this visually breathtaking game, selling 9.73 million copies.
- Star Wars Battlefront – 8.42 Million Copies Sold: DICE’s “Star Wars Battlefront” brought the galaxy far, far away to players on November 17, 2015. This first-person/third-person shooter, published by Electronic Arts, sold 8.42 million copies, letting players engage in epic Star Wars battles.
- Gran Turismo Sport – 8 Million Copies Sold: Polyphony Digital’s “Gran Turismo Sport” set the standard for racing games when it was released on October 17, 2017. With 8 million copies sold, this title offered a meticulous and visually stunning racing experience.
- Infamous Second Son – 6 Million Copies Sold: On March 21, 2014, Sucker Punch Productions took players on a superpowered adventure with “Infamous Second Son.” This action-adventure title sold 6 million copies, proving that being a superhero has its thrills.
- Detroit: Become Human – 5.5 Million Copies Sold: Quantic Dream’s narrative adventure “Detroit: Become Human” was released on May 25, 2018. With a gripping story and player choices that shaped the narrative, the game sold 5.5 million copies.
- Final Fantasy VII Remake – 5 Million Copies Sold: Square Enix’s action role-playing epic “Final Fantasy VII Remake” allowed players to revisit Midgar on April 10, 2020. The game, selling 5 million copies, breathed new life into a beloved classic.
- Monster Hunter: World – 4.67 Million Copies Sold: Capcom’s action role-playing adventure, “Monster Hunter: World,” captivated players when it launched on January 26, 2018, selling 4.67 million copies. It offered a world full of breathtaking monsters to hunt.
- Cyberpunk 2077 – 3.83 Million Copies Sold: Despite its troubled launch, CD Projekt Red’s “Cyberpunk 2077” managed to sell 3.83 million copies, offering players a futuristic action role-playing experience in a sprawling Night City.
- FIFA 17 – 3.12 Million Copies Sold: EA’s “FIFA 17,” released on September 27, 2016, brought the world’s most popular sport to the PS4, selling 3.12 million copies.
- Nier: Automata – 2.6 Million Copies Sold: PlatinumGames’ action role-playing gem “Nier: Automata” captivated players on February 23, 2017, with 2.6 million copies sold. It offered a unique and emotionally charged narrative.
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy – 2.5 Million Copies Sold: The classic platformer “Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy” by Vicarious Visions sold 2.5 million copies, letting a new generation of players experience the iconic marsupial’s adventures.
- Final Fantasy XV – 2.5 Million Copies Sold: Square Enix’s “Final Fantasy XV,” released on November 29, 2016, offered a grand action role-playing adventure, selling 2.5 million copies.
- Grand Theft Auto V – 2.49 Million Copies Sold: Rockstar North’s crime epic “Grand Theft Auto V” continued to captivate players with its action-adventure gameplay, selling 2.49 million copies.
- FIFA 18 – 2.47 Million Copies Sold: On September 29, 2017, EA’s “FIFA 18” brought more soccer excitement to the PS4, selling 2.47 million copies.
- Persona 5 Royal – 2.3 Million Copies Sold: P-Studio’s role-playing/social simulation masterpiece “Persona 5 Royal” captured hearts on October 31, 2019, selling 2.3 million copies.
- Killzone: Shadow Fall – 2.1 Million Copies Sold: Guerrilla Games’ first-person shooter “Killzone: Shadow Fall” was a launch title for the PS4, selling 2.1 million copies.
- Bloodborne – 2 Million Copies Sold: FromSoftware’s action role-playing “Bloodborne” drew players into its gothic nightmare world, selling 2 million copies.
- Driveclub – 2 Million Copies Sold: Evolution Studios’ “Driveclub” delivered a thrilling racing experience, selling 2 million copies and becoming a staple for racing game enthusiasts.
- Knack – 2 Million Copies Sold: Japan Studio’s “Knack” showcased platforming and beat ’em up action, selling 2 million copies and offering family-friendly fun.
- Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition – 2 Million Copies Sold: “Minecraft,” developed by 4J Studios and published by Sony Computer Entertainment, needs no introduction. The game’s PlayStation 4 edition, released on September 4, 2014, sold 2 million copies and continued to foster creativity and exploration.
- FIFA 20 – 1.76 Million Copies Sold: EA’s “FIFA 20,” which was released on September 24, 2019, provided soccer fans with another opportunity to score goals and make dazzling saves, selling 1.76 million copies.
- Nioh 2 – 1.46 Million Copies Sold: Team Ninja’s action role-playing game “Nioh 2,” released on March 12, 2020, attracted players with its challenging combat and rich storytelling, selling 1.46 million copies.
- FIFA 19 – 1.45 Million Copies Sold: EA’s “FIFA 19,” released on September 25, 2018, allowed fans to enjoy the beautiful game once more on the PS4, selling 1.45 million copies.
- Battlefield 1 – 1.3 Million Copies Sold: On October 21, 2016, EA DICE introduced players to “Battlefield 1,” a first-person shooter set during World War I. With its intense battles and realistic setting, the game sold 1.3 million copies.
- Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age – 1.3 Million Copies Sold: “Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age,” released on July 29, 2017, provided players with a rich and charming role-playing adventure, selling 1.3 million copies.
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age – 1.2 Million Copies Sold: Square Enix’s “Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age” was released on July 11, 2017. With its unique Gambit system and immersive world, the game sold 1.2 million copies.
- FIFA 22 – 1.16 Million Copies Sold: Released on October 1, 2021, “FIFA 22” by EA once again delivered a soccer experience par excellence, selling 1.16 million copies.
- FIFA 21 – 1.12 Million Copies Sold: The PS4 edition of “FIFA 21,” which was released on October 9, 2020, allowed players to engage in thrilling soccer matches, selling 1.12 million copies.
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain – 1.1 Million Copies Sold: Kojima Productions’ “Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain” provided players with a masterclass in action-adventure and stealth, selling 1.1 million copies.
- Kingdom Hearts III – 1 Million Copies Sold: Square Enix’s beloved “Kingdom Hearts III” was released on January 25, 2019. Melding Disney magic with role-playing action, the game sold 1 million copies.
- Nioh – 1 Million Copies Sold: Team Ninja’s action role-playing “Nioh” offered a samurai epic, selling 1 million copies.
This illustrious collection of games, with a combined total of millions of copies sold, showcases the diverse gaming experiences offered by the PlayStation 4. Each of these titles has left an indelible mark on the gaming world, pushing the boundaries of storytelling, immersion, and gameplay. They have not only entertained millions but have also defined a generation of gaming on the PS4. As we look back at these best-selling games, we’re reminded of the incredible journeys, epic battles, and emotional connections they’ve provided to players worldwide. It’s a testament to the power of video games to captivate our hearts and minds.