Last updated on September 18th, 2023 at 10:04 am
This is How to unzip files on Android easily;- know how to Extract RAR & ZIP files on Android.
If you need to open any zip file on Android devices you have come to the right place and we’ll walk you through the steps on how to unzip files on Android.
It’s not the first time you’ve heard the word zip file, and you may have tried to download any zip file on a certain website, for example on our website we also offer our games in the form of a zip file. Zip files can be highly Compressed or vise versa and you can not decompress or open these files without unzip apps like WinZip, RAR or ZArchiver and 7Zipper.
How to Unzip files on Android
There are many ways to unzip files on Android, by the help of archiver management apps that can create or view Zip files, 7Z files, RAR files etc. example ZArchiver app.
Some apps like ZArchiver, RAR, WinZip and 7Zipper can unzip any compressed file, and we’ll walk you through simple step-by-step guide that can help to decompress the following archive types;- 7z. zip, RAR, bzip2, gzip, XZ, Iz4, tar, zst and can decompress any 7z (7zip), zip, rar, rar5, bzip2, gzip, XZ, iso, tar, arj, cab, lzh, lha, lzma, xar, tgz, tbz, Z, deb, rpm, zipx, mtz, chm, dmg, cpio, cramfs, img (fat, ntfs, ubf), wim, ecm, lzip, zst (zstd), egg, and alz.
Now example you just download your PPSSPP/PSP games like PES 2023 PPSSPP and you want to extract compressed ISO in ZIP or in RAR formats, or you just want to extract a random compressed file on your Android just follow below steps.
How to Unzip/Extract RAR Files with ZArchiver App
- First Download and Install the ZArchiver application.
- Then open the application and allow it to manage your storage.
- Next, look for compressed file that you download, can be game, or documents, files etc.. in form of RAR or ZIP file.
- Then, click the file you need to extract, only one click and from pop up menu choose Extract here.
- You will need until the extract process is complete.
- After the extraction process is complete, you can now be able to use your file, doc or game.
How to Unzip Files with RAR App
- Make sure you Download and Install the RAR application.
- Open the application and allow it to read or manage your storage.
- Then find any RAR file which you need to extract.
- Select and then you will be directed to where you will extract the file.
- Make sure you change the name of the folder before extracting.
- Press OK to confirm.
- Now open your decompressed file, folder, image, games etc. and your good to go.
Note: If you need to extract RAR file which is a part. (like you may find your RAR files is in this format;- manhunt2.part01.rar, manhunt2.part02.rar). Just select or check all the parts of the RAR file and follow above steps to extract it.
How to Unzip your file with Files by Google App
- Download and Install Files by Google app if you don’t have it.
- Then Open File by Google application.
- Look on the bottom on your screen you will see Browse, click it.
- Now navigate to the folder that contains a zip file that you want to unzip.
- Select the zip file you want to extract.
- Then you will see a pop up message with content of the file, tap Extract.
- You can choose to keep the zip file after extraction or Delete ZIP file from preview checkbox.
- Tap Done, and your extracted files will be saved in the same folders as the original zip file.
We hope you know how to unzip files on Android, comment below if you have any question, anything that we can help you. we will love to hear from you.